Frequently asked questions
1. How do I install the SA voices on my computer?
Click on the image to access this PDF. If you need any further assistance, please call us for support: Tel 0860 888 121.
2. What computer systems will the voices work with?
The SA voices are compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10 (32 + 64-bit) only.
Voices for Android devices are available to purchase on the Google Play Store.
There is an SDK and API for integration with iOS or other bespoke applications.
3. Do I need other software on my computer for the voice to work?
The Windows version of the voices will work with any Microsoft Speech Application Programming Interface 5 (SAPI 5) compliant software. Software like screen readers, reading support software, Narrator etc can all access the voices.
4. I’m being asked for a license code, where do I get that?
After the free 7-day trial has expired, you will need to purchase a license code from Inclusive Solutions (please visit our online shop or email email@example.com to buy a licence code).
5. Can I install the voice on one computer only?
A single user licence will allow installation on up to 2 personal devices. Multi-user licences are limited to the total number of licences purchased (for example, a 5-user licence can only be installed on 5 computers). Annual subscription licenses are also available.
6. What about if I want to install the voices on multiple computers?
A discounted price is offered multi-user licences. Please see our online shop for license options or contact us to discuss your requirements.
7. I want to use the voice in my own software development, how can I do this?
Please contact us to discuss your requirements – we can work with you to provide a bespoke solution that meets your needs.
8. What is the file size of the download?
Depending on the voice you choose, the download is approx. 14-19mb.
9. What are the minimum tech. specs? (Processor and RAM requirements)?
1 GHz processor with 256MB of RAM, 32-bit and 64-bit x86 Architecture, 50 MB hard disk space per voice.
10. What is the sampling rate in kHz of the voices?
16 bits per sample, 1 channel (mono), PCM (pulse-code modulation)
11. Do the SA voices respond to speed, pitch and stop controls?
Yes, speed, pitch and stop controls are all supported from v1.2.0 onwards.
12. Where can I find the voice in Windows 10 settings?
SA voices can be found in Settings>Ease of Access>Narrator.
13. How do I uninstall an SA voice from my computer?
SA voices can be uninstalled by going to Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs. On Windows 10, go to Settings>System>Apps & features. Select the Qfrency voice you wish to remove, click ‘Uninstall’ and follow the prompts.
14. I've found a bug in one of the voices. How can I report it?
Please email us with details of the issue at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with the developers to resolve the issue ASAP.
15. How do I listen to / test the voices once I’ve installed them?
The voices are not currently provided with a graphical user interface (GUI) which directly allows you to listen to synthesised speech. You will need some other software application to 'call' the voices to be used.
If your software allows you to select an alternative voice in its speech setting, once installed, the SA voices should appear in the available list of voices within your software.
In Windows, this may be the Narrator accessibility tool. Other screen reading software includes JAWS for visual impairment; Grid 3 for AAC (Augmentative & Alternative Communication) and ClaroRead for dyslexia and reading support.
For Android voices, these are installed globally on your device, so any app which accesses the voices installed on your tablet/phone, should be able to utilise the SA voices. Go to your Android device's general / speech settings and select the voice there after you have purchased it.